Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Watched Pot...


Can the old saying "A watched pot never boils" apply to emails? My inbox (my email dedicated to writing) has been empty for days, dare I say weeks. At first, I checked it twice a day, trying not to fall into the every hour trap that so many of us find ourselves in. Forgive me, for I have sinned. I found myself doing the one thing that I didn't want to do. In the beginning, I kept to my twice a day. Then agent responses started coming in. Naturally, knowing that a request could be waiting for me, I was compelled to continuously check my email account, usually to find nothing. Now I'm desperately waiting those agents who is so many words make it clear patience is a virtue one needs for their response. So I wait and watch...and watch...and watch, until I hate the very idea of email. It's so instant. It almost makes me wish that more agents were old fashion and insist on snail mail. The urge is so strong, I've already checked my email twice as I wrote this rant on the very subject. Is there such thing as an email checker addiction? If so, when's the meeting?

No comments:

Post a Comment