Thursday, August 12, 2010


Today I embarked on my next round of querying. I'm either a true writer, dedicated to finding an agent or a sadomasochist looking to be beaten repeatedly by rejection. I would like to believe I was the first, but as the replies begin to role in, I might be proven to be the latter.

I sent them out this afternoon. Two will be snail mailed tomorrow. My last post will be tested. Hopefully, I won't embarrass myself by checking my email crazily. Of course, I already checked it and there was a reply. "So soon?" I thought. Barely two hours later. Don't get me wrong, I love an agent who responses quickly. I rather have an answer (good or bad), then nothing. But I was hoping I could have a day or two, considering the work week is almost over, at least until Monday before the beating commenced. I should've waited for the weekend. Then I had a surefire chance not to be rejected until next week.

Also, true to form, I didn't open yet. I'm instead, typing this blog entry, trying to stall as long as possible. But like this entry, that too will come to an end. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment