Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It Happens For A Reason

If you're a believer that everything happens for a reason, then my recent up rise in rejections (querying, as well as job changing), then the (hopefully) last disappointment will add to the unknown reason. Not to be personal (it's better if I keep something's a mystery), I work in Higher Education (full time and adjuncting). I got an email that my adjunct class was cancelled due to low enrollment. Apparently, seniority doesn't mean anything, otherwise I would've been given the full class.

Hearing my recent plight, everyone is telling me that it happened for a reason. It would be nice to know what that reason was. Sure, I'll be able to focus more on my writing considering I only have my full time day job to drive me crazy, but I had that "break" all Summer and I was looking forward to teaching again. Plus, missing this semester blows my accumulated succession of semesters, making it no longer free to take non-credited courses. Although I didn't partake on them, I just reached such a status last semester ago (ergo, not enough time).

Now feeling really down about this latest debacle (though the anger has helped with my writing), I'm left speculating what "reason" there is for all of this opposition. Here are a few that I came up with:

1. Writing related. I will finish the first draft of my latest project, and receive representation for my previous one. Therefore, my days will be pretty busy juggling the two (i.e. revisions of two different levels).

2. I will prepare this Fall and get an even better adjunct position for the Spring.

3. Since I'm looking for new full time employment (keeping my options open), I receive an offer and begin a new journey at a different college.

4. Nothing happens.

Being a complete skeptic, I vote for option 4, but there is a little glimmer of optimism in me that I'll be surprised and have a mixture of the top three. Who knows, it could happen.

To Be Continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment